GREAT NEWS! Happy Dog Training will be back in our physical location as of Saturday, June 13th! We are grateful for your continued support and can’t wait to see you in person (at a distance, of course). Here is some important information we’d like to share to make our transition back into the classroom as smooth and safe as possible.
- We take a maximum of 6 dogs per class in our classroom. The training area ALONE (not in including entry/exit and bathroom/office areas) is 2500 square feet (50 x 50), so we’ve got more-than-adequate space for social distancing.
- Everyone entering the building MUST wear a mask and must wear their mask for the duration of the class.
- Remember, the purpose of a mask is to protect others!
- While children over the age of 5 are always welcome, we ask that you do not bring them if they are not capable of wearing their mask throughout class.
- There will be NO waiting area available – please wait in your cars until we unlock the door and turn the “OPEN” sign on
- Please EMAIL your vaccination records to us prior to class to minimize close contact to check vaccination records. A photo from your phone is also fine.
- We use large colored “dots” as well as “boxes” taped off on the floor as a visual reminder of our social distancing obligations! Please keep yourself and your dog inside the “box” at all times
- To maximize disinfection time between classes, we must ask that you leave the classroom and the parking lot as soon as class ends. We will, as always, be available via phone or email to answer any questions you may have.
- NO MORE THAN ONE DOG AT A TIME IS ALLOWED ON THE POTTY AREA – Please maintain social distancing even when outside
- Our retail area will be gated off and stocked with “NO-TOUCH” samples
- If you would like to purchase something, let us know we will get it for you. Please be sure to *stand back* from the register (look for the “stand here” sign on the floor); if paying with cash have exact change
- We have a few of our best-selling items in our online store here: https://happydogbehavior.square.site/. You can purchase in advance and your order will be waiting for you when you arrive!
- We are unable to allow beverages or food (for human consumption!) into the classroom at this time
- We will NOT be able to provide: towels, food or water bowls, mats, toys, treats, etc. Homework sheets will be emailed out. Please be sure to bring the items listed for that week’s class – we would HATE to see you not participate in an exercise because we are unable to lend out items
- Our official “makeup class” policy has always been that missed classes cannot be made up (but we would try to find you a spot if available!). Due to covid, makeups will ONLY be available through online streaming to minimize the number of “new” exposures to other people
- Students are not permitted to use the mop bucket to clean up – your instructor will clean up any “accidents” once brought to our attention
- If you or anyone in your home isn’t feeling well for ANY REASON, please let us know IMMEDIATELY and DO NOT come to class. If anyone in your family is diagnosed with covid or has been exposed, you must let us know immediately.
- We are happy to make the class available to you live via Zoom. While these conditions are not ideal, our goal is to keep you and our staff safe so we can STAY OPEN and help everyone as best we can! Remember, if businesses are shut down again, classes will go back online, and we want to see you in person!
- If we are subjected to a Covid shutdown, classes will transition to Zoom. No refunds will be available
Happy Dog Training (631) 424-DOGS/3647 Long Island, New York
Voted 1st Place Winner "Best Dog Trainer",
Best of Long Island Contest - SIX times!